Thursday, March 10, 2016

Challenge: Week 1, Results - Woo hoo!

I am so happy that so many people are joining me on this journey. The response to my 90-day challenge has been surprising.  Yes, many are doing it without the products that I love so much, but a few are using the products to help them on their own journey.

It Works products like Formula FF (Fat Fighter) and Ultimate Thermofit are intended to enhance your results with a balanced diet and exercise. They ARE NOT intended to replace those things! You can't eat cheeseburgers daily and expect to lose weight! So I am using them along with diet (no exercise yet) to help me curb the cravings and block some of the fat and carbs I eat from being absorbed into my body. And I did manage to lose 2 1/2 pounds this week! Yay me!!! (And yay you if you are doing this too!)

What's 2 1/2 pounds? Well, it may not seem like much, but just imagine losing 2 1/2 pounds a week for four weeks. . .that's 10 pounds! Would you be happy losing 10 pounds? Probably! :)

So, how was your week? Mine was pretty decent.

Day One - I did well with no food struggles. I had a craving for something sweet so I grabbed one mini-peanut butter cup. Craving satisfied with a 44 calorie treat. I also went to Costco to make sure that my fridge was full of good choices.

Day Two - Pre-planned self sabotage day!!! AKA cheat day. Yes, I know this seems early in the week to have my cheat day, but I had previously made plans to celebrate Jon Bon Jovi's birthday with a friend. Our plans involved a dinner of KFC chicken and fries, a Sorrentos feta salad and garlic breadsticks, and, since Jon Bon Jovi's birthday was this week, Jeanne's birthday cake! And don't forget some alcohol!

Day Three - Back to being good. A successful food day overall. My day included a piece of leftover KFC chicken and two small pieces of deli-pizza. That's what Fat Fighters are for! Even without Fat Fighters, my calorie intake for the day was reasonable, and I didn't go hungry.



Day Four - Prep day! I need to make sure that food during the week is easily available to pack for work. I had some kale chips in larger bags, so I measured them into single servings to take to work and have readily available for snacks in my desk. I cooked a few chicken breasts and cut them up into bite-size pieces so that I can easily add them to a salad or warm up for lunch with a side dish. I had  purchased a kale salad that I tossed for lunches (add feta and I absolutely love this salad).  I also bought Gardenburgers earlier in the week which I can quickly cook in the evening and reheat in my mini-crockpot for lunches. Calorie-wise, great day again!

Day 5 - Great day! I ate well, and had an almost perfect calorie intake. I had a brief moment at 7-11 when I though about buying something junky to snack on but quickly decided I didn't need it and also didn't snack at all that evening!

Day 6 - Still great! It was a two job day so I made sure that I packed enough snacks (plus there's always spare snacks in my desk), and I purchased a foot-long sub that was my lunch and supper. I stopped at the McDonalds drive-thru on the way home from job two to pick up chicken burgers for lunch. I thought "I could get a hamburger and scarf it down and no one would know", but I would know, and I also knew I didn't need it and that bad choice would be a waste of a successful day.

Day 7 - Still strong. Knowing my next "cheat-day" is tomorrow makes it a little easier to get through the day.

So I kept this diary of my days to show you that there are always struggles and temptations that you can get past, however, this week turned out pretty uneventful. Next week should be a whole other story!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment